Anikoichi~Otaku Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeAnikoi PortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Himuro Mansion Haunting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Moka Akashiya
Anikoichi Founder
Anikoichi Founder
Moka Akashiya

Number of posts : 961
Registration date : 2008-11-08

The Himuro Mansion Haunting Empty
PostSubject: The Himuro Mansion Haunting   The Himuro Mansion Haunting EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:46 am

The Himuro Mansion Haunting Himuro10

According to urban legend, lying just beyond the city of Tokyo is one of the most haunted locations in all of Japan. The exact location of the Himuro Mansion (or Himikyru Mansion as it is sometimes known) is widely unknown but the legend puts the mansion in a rocky region just beyond the city limits of Tokyo.

The mansion is said to have been home to one of the most gruesome murders in modern Japanese history. Local lore has it that for generations, the Himuro family had participated in a strange, twisted Shinto ritual known as “The Strangling Ritual” in order to seal off bad karma from within the Earth, every half century or so.

The Himuro Mansion Haunting S320x210

The most popular version of the tale states that bad karma would emerge each December (other versions simply say “toward the end of the year”) from a portal on the Mansions grounds. In order to prevent this, a maiden was chosen at birth by the master of the household and isolated from the outside world in order to prevent her from developing any ties to the outside world, which would in turn, jeopardize the effect of the ritual.

On the day of the Strangling Ritual, the maiden was bound by ropes on her ankles, wrists, and neck. The ropes were attached to teams of oxen or horses to rip her limbs from her body, quartering her. The ropes used to bind her appendages would then be soaked in her blood and laid over the gateway of the portal. They believed that this would seal off the portal for another half century until the ritual had to be repeated.

During the last recorded Strangling Ritual it is said that the maiden had fallen in love with a man who tried to save her from the ritual. This “tie” to Earth tainted her blood and spirit and ruined the ritual altogether. Upon learning of the maidens love, the master took up his sword and brutally murdered all of his family members, before finally, in fear of what would soon happen, fell upon his own blade.

The Himuro Mansion Haunting 2710

This is the basis of the “haunting” of the Himuro Mansion. Local legend has it that these souls of the murdered family wander the mansion attempting to repeat the failed ritual using whomever enters the abandoned building. Blood splashes on the walls are reportedly seen, as if they were flicked from the blade of a sword that had recently sliced through flesh. Many have reported seeing spirits and apparitions dressed completely in white, rinsing cloths and preparing the grounds for the ritual.

Interest in the Himuro Mansion has peaked due to it’s inclusion into the back story of the popular game, Fatal Frame. Here is a quote from Makoto Shibata, Chief Producer of Fatal Frame, regarding the legend:

Quote :
“In an area outside Tokyo, there lies a mansion in which it’s said seven people were murdered in a grisly manner. On the same property, there lie three detached residences that surround the mansion, all of which are rumored to have ties to the mansion’s troubled past. It’s said there is an underground network of tunnels that lay beneath the premises, but nobody knows who made these tunnels or what purpose they served. Many inexplicable phenomenons have been reported occurring on the property. Bloody handprints have been found splattered all over the walls. Spirits have been spotted on the premises… even in broad daylight. A narrow stairway leads to an attic where a spirit-sealed talisman is rumored to be locked away. Men have sought this talisman, only to be found later with their bodies broken and rope marks around their wrists. There’s a crumbling old statue of a woman in a kimono, but its head is missing. If you take a photo of a certain window, a young girl can be seen in the developed picture. These incidents have provoked fear in the people of Tokyo, and many believe that those who live near this area will become cursed. The deaths of those seven people are unexplained to this day.”

Now, the question is, did any of this really happen? Probably not. The core allure of this legend is also it’s silver bullet. If such a grisly murder did occur (sources put this between 30 and 80 years ago) in such recent times, where is the record?

It is highly unlikely that no police station or newspaper have records of this mass murder taking place just outside of Tokyo.

The Himuro Mansion Haunting 2510

Regarding the mystery of the location, some believers have offered the notion that the Himuro family has once again taken ownership of the mansion and is currently living there.. but that conflicts with the legend in that all family members were supposedly murdered AND the “firsthand accounts” of events witnessed on the property by locals and researchers.

Another peculiarity of note is that Tecmo advertised the game in North America with the tagline: “Based on a true story,” but without on the original Japanese release. Because of this, some have theorized that the entire legend was fabricated by the game developers.

---

Natsumi's researches about the ritual

from those who claim they are one of Himuro Family Member

"Right than the girls are normally choosen threw Demon tag. The process of this is the following: For starters the ceremony was held every 10 years. The one whom was Blinded was put into a room with all the 7 year old girls. The blinded woman was introduced as the oni and began to chase the girls around the largest room in the mansion which could than be located on the upper level.First girl to be caught - She would become the next Blinded & 'Oni' in the Maiden Selection Ceremony A explanation may be that because she was so easy to capture, she was 'blind' to the demon. Since the 'Blinded' is considered to be a maiden of holy power, her strength was to transfer her blindness to the demons behind the Hell's Gate. Needless to say, you definately did not want to be the first to be caught. After the girl was caught she was locked up and would be in that room for 3369 days.The priests that were to raise the girl till the day of the ceremony which was the 12th month on the 13th day. On the night of the ritual the choosen maiden was brought the the moon shrine(Which know longer exists due to a fire that occured there in 1895)She was than to undress herself and cleanse her body with the moonlight. Once this had been done the head priest or ceremony master and the family would come and get the maiden. The ritual was commenly held at the rope altar. Though it varies from the ritual. Why I keep it a secret is because after Tecmo decided to creat 'Fatal Frame' and added the part based on a true story, this caused tourists and gamers to go insane. I've had many restriction orders been put on people though this doesn't seem to work. If you don't mind me saying I think I had a right to not want to talk about it considering how many useless deaths were caused there, Many lives were taken away."

--

"This imprisonment lasted for 3669 days (approximately 10 years). The priests that took care of her, were ordered to wear masks all the time, to avoid that the Rope Shrine Maiden would become attached to them. Usually, the Rope Shrine Maiden suffers from her loneliness and wants to die.
After 3669 days, on the 13th day of the 12th month, the Rope Shrine Maiden would be taken to the Moon Shrine. Inside, she would enter the Moon Well, where she was suppose to purify her body with moonlight. Once this task was done, the Family Master, priests and Himuro family would come to fetch her for the Strangling Ritual.
The Strangling ritual was performed in the Rope Altar. Ropes were tied the Rope Shrine Maiden・arms, legs and neck. These ropes were attached to wheels and as the wheels are turned, the Rope Shrine Maiden痴 limbs are pulled off. Once this was done, the Family Master and priests take the bloody ropes and tie them in front of the Hell Gate. The Holy Mirror is also placed in front of the Hell Gate and if everything is done correctly, the ropes should be strong enough to keep the Hell Gate from opening"

--

from a researcher

"For starters the ceremony was held every 10 years. The one whom was Blinded was put into a room with all the 7 year old girls. The blinded woman was introduced as the oni and began to chase the girls around the largest room in the mansion which could than be located on the upper level.First girl to be caught - She would become the next Blinded & 'Oni' in the Maiden Selection Ceremony A explanation may be that because she was so easy to capture, she was 'blind' to the demon. Since the 'Blinded' is considered to be a maiden of holy power, her strength was to transfer her blindness to the demons behind the Hell's Gate. Needless to say, you definately did not want to be the first to be caught. After the girl was caught she was locked up and would be in that room for 3369 days.The priests that were to raise the girl till the day of the ceremony which was the 12th month on the 13th day. On the night of the ritual the choosen maiden was brought the the moon shrine(Which know longer exists due to a fire that occured there in 1895)She was than to undress herself and cleanse her body with the moonlight. Once this had been done the head priest or ceremony master and the family would come and get the maiden. The ritual was commenly held at the rope altar. Though it varies from the ritual. Why I keep it a secret is because after Tecmo decided to creat 'Fatal Frame' and added the part based on a true story, this caused tourists and gamers to go insane. I've had many restriction orders been put on people though this doesn't seem to work. If you don't mind me saying I think I had a right to not want to talk about it considering how many useless deaths were caused there, Many lives were taken away.the first bit of that about the blind girl chaseing other girls in a room makes sence and could be true
for this reason.
In my research i've found that in japan children play this game where they stand in a circle w/ one person in the middle w/ their eyes closed. they circle around this isolated child saying this:

Kagome Kagome
Kago no naka no tori wa,
Itsu itsu deyaru.
Yoake to ban ni.
Tsuru to kame ga subetta,
Ushiro no shoumen dare.

Back to top Go down
http://xAnimeGoddessx.multiply.com
chiaki13
Anikoichi Co-Founder
Anikoichi Co-Founder
chiaki13

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: The Himuro Mansion Haunting   The Himuro Mansion Haunting EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:01 am

wow.. natsumi.. lets visit this place !
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/leis13
Moka Akashiya
Anikoichi Founder
Anikoichi Founder
Moka Akashiya

PostSubject: Re: The Himuro Mansion Haunting   The Himuro Mansion Haunting EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 7:55 am

tahaha ~ i dont want too ..
i saw the mystery of that house and the family when i played fatal frame 1 ..
that's why i cant finish it .. >.<
Back to top Go down
chiaki13
Anikoichi Co-Founder
Anikoichi Co-Founder
chiaki13

PostSubject: Re: The Himuro Mansion Haunting   The Himuro Mansion Haunting EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 10:47 am

ohh i see. this is really interesting.
Back to top Go down
Moka Akashiya
Anikoichi Founder
Anikoichi Founder
Moka Akashiya

PostSubject: Re: The Himuro Mansion Haunting   The Himuro Mansion Haunting EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 6:54 am

hoho .. im still searching about the evidences kept by the japanese police .
it was featured on the 6ame fatal frame 1 .
Back to top Go down
chiaki13
Anikoichi Co-Founder
Anikoichi Co-Founder
chiaki13

PostSubject: Re: The Himuro Mansion Haunting   The Himuro Mansion Haunting EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 6:57 am

DETECTiVE NATSUMi.. do you want to know the real secret?
Back to top Go down
chiaki13
Anikoichi Co-Founder
Anikoichi Co-Founder
chiaki13

PostSubject: Re: The Himuro Mansion Haunting   The Himuro Mansion Haunting EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:11 am

hay i got interested in this mansion.
Back to top Go down
Moka Akashiya
Anikoichi Founder
Anikoichi Founder
Moka Akashiya

PostSubject: Re: The Himuro Mansion Haunting   The Himuro Mansion Haunting EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 11:17 am

yeah .. i want to know .i want to know .
Back to top Go down
chiaki13
Anikoichi Co-Founder
Anikoichi Co-Founder
chiaki13

PostSubject: Re: The Himuro Mansion Haunting   The Himuro Mansion Haunting EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 11:49 am

PUNTA TAYO DAN MALALAMAN NATiN . XD if we live its fake if we die its real.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Himuro Mansion Haunting   The Himuro Mansion Haunting Empty

Back to top Go down

The Himuro Mansion Haunting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anikoichi~Otaku Society :: Others :: CHAT (none anime) :: Japan Infos-
Jump to: